Monday, April 30, 2012

These shoes were made for walking

Hi!

So, it seems like shoes covered in glitter are all the rage for the Brazilian winter. I have a feeling it will be a fad, because it is easy to get tired of it. And I cringe at spending R$200 (about US$90) to have shoes that will be done soon and that I can't really wear to work.

Adding to the fad issue, I have tried to get clothing and accessories fixed, instead of scrapping them, but my trips to cobblers and seamstresses here have been VERY frustrating.

And then... I saw this video and looked at the pile of shoes that needed fixing and a light bulb went off.

After I got the supplies, I chose these boots, which were a little worn out and was told that there was nothing that could be done to fix them.
 Then I wiped them really well...
 And wrapped the portions that were not supposed to be painted with tape, and went to town with the spray.
 This is what they looked like after the first coat. And this is also when I realized that the boots didn't need any glitter to look really cute!

 And they did, after the second coat of spray!

DIY painted boots
This is my happy face with the new boots! Yay! Plus it really inspired me to do some other things with spray paint. More to come!

Shirt - Banana Republic
T-shirt - Banana Republic
Gray Jeans - Banana Republic
Boots - Arezzo
Scarf - J. Crew


No comments:

Post a Comment