Tuesday, September 18, 2012

WIWW - The preppy grape edition

Hi!

We were supposed to have a cold front coming through Austin and it is a little cooler, but the highs are still in the high 80's. Summer dresses are still in order, I suppose.

I am linking up with WIWW at the The Pleated Poppy. I love going to her site and checking out all the great women sharing their looks. So inspiring!!!

I made this dress almost one year ago, there was something about the color that was really pretty and fun, maybe there was something even trendy about the design. But then, I got stuck in the office through all of the Brazilian Summer and when I got to Austin, I realized the hem had issues and the buttons were ugly.

So, I fixed it. It is an attempt to go back to projects that were started and not fully finished and learning from them. It has been very interesting looking at some old projects that fit this description. I keep thinking of the tons of clothes I donated to Goodwill, that could have been fixed. If you are curious as to why I am doing this, it is one the healing steps of The Artist's Way  by Julia Cameron. The book has been great, check it out!

Whew! That got really wordy! Sorry! The look is a little preppy and goes nicely with the still trendy color block vibe.
Get a similar look in blue, here , in pink, here, or a muted one here.
Find a bicolor clutch: here, or here

What do you think?



Love,

Sam

2 comments:

  1. Cute dress! You did a fabulous job making it.

    Visiting from THe Pleated Poppy...
    ~FringeGirl

    thedomesticfringe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm diggin the colors :D
    -muito legal

    ReplyDelete