Friday, August 17, 2012

Healthy Eating - Roasted tomatoes pasta

Hi!

I was at Whole Foods today and found these cute (and delicious) grape/ cherry tomatoes. I got a pint of each color. Aren't they adorable?


Since I need a little more complex carbs on my diet, specially before long runs, I decided to make a really easy pasta dish with these little jewels.

Ingredients:
2 pints of mixed cherry tomatoes
1 avocado
4 oz of goat cheese
1/2 cup of olives (I used almond stuffed ones)
3 cups of cooked whole wheat pasta
Basil
Olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste



Look at the great basil from our garden!


Roast the tomatoes in a 425F oven for about 10 minutes, on a dry sheet pan, until the skins start to brown and blister. They will look like this:
On a serving dish, place the cheese and the chopped olives, then place the hot roasted tomatoes (and those juices). The cheese will start to melt and create a nice simple sauce.

Add the cooked pasta and the basil, toss, add the avocados, toss lightly (so they don't get mushy), season to taste.


It was delicious, simple, healthy! And it tastes great cold too, perfect to take out on a picnic.

Try it and let me know what you think!

Love,

Sam

2 comments:

  1. this looks so yummy! really need to make it asap:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I loved the Istambul pics on your blog!

      xo
      Sam
      htto://thenewoutfitproject.com/

      Delete