Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How to wear - Victory Rolls

Hi!

One of the hairstyles for Fall is the Victory Roll.
Donna Karan Fall 2012 (picture from Harper's Bazaar)
Check out more hair trends for Fall here.

While I love looking at the images from the fashion shows and editorials, I think victory rolls can look costume-y and old-lady really fast. So here is my interpretation of it. I tried to keep it low key and simple, with not a lot of volume, in a low ponytail in the back. Fair enough, it is hard for my hair to have a whole lot of volume.

And, if I am going to be completely honest, I really needed a hairdo for the days I am not washing my hair. I feel my hair never works unless it is washed, but then I end up washing it everyday...

So here is how I got the look:

I used Dove's Dry Shampoo all over the hair, following the instructions on the bottle. Then I added a little bit of extra-hold hairspray and used the blow-dryer and a brush, trying to add some volume. I parted the hair to the side and rolled from the front to the back, then added pins. The rest of the hair was pulled into a low ponytail.

Check it out and let me know what you think!



And thanks again to Julie from Ripped Tights and Pin Stripes for shooting the pics.

Love,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment