Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dealing with the stress of moving...

Hi!

Moving is no fun. And it is even worse that I miss Josh, who is already in Austin. There is packing, shipping, selling, throwing things out, cleaning. Another 12 days of this and then unpacking, more cleaning and organizing.

Most of the stress has come from trying to sell things and having it not go as planned. It is breeding a lot of bad emotions towards Sao Paulo. However, there have been some very kind souls along the way and I am very grateful for them!

Today was rough with leaving work early to wait for someone who was very happy to just to make me wait. After waiting, then driving through rush hour Sao Paulo traffic (in the rain),  I decided I needed a DIY break from all this madness. (okay - I will admit that not having that pesky distraction called TV helps me find time for all kinds of DIY breaks)




So, inspired by the pretty collars for Spring and Summer , in particular Louis Vuitton's, as seen here and here, I used a broken necklace and an old shirt that wasn't working anymore.

I am pretty happy with the result. And got two outfits out of it!



Dress: by me
Shirt: Banana Republic
Jeans: Joes
Shoes: Corello (very old)

Let me know what you think!

Love,

Sam








1 comment:

  1. Using a broken necklace to add some interest to an old shirt is such a great idea! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete