Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Half-Marathon Highlights

Hi,

Tired doesn't even begin to describe how I feel today. Two days after running the Austin Half Marathon and getting a massage and I can barely move. Sleeping last night proved difficult and uncomfortable and I am really hoping the soreness will start to subside today.

As I mentioned before, my training for this even was not great. Between my struggling to get into a nice routine of training and working at home and the Christmas holidays, I didn't log in as many miles as I should have before the race. More importantly, I didn't do any hill training and did I pay for it! Mind you this is my third race and it seems like every time has been a first.

That being said, I finished! Yay! I survived! And I have a medal to prove it!

Here are few highlights for me:

1. The crowds! Everybody is so friendly and the spectators have amazing energy! It really helps to read "This hill is your b*tch" next to a dancing vegetable at mile 11ish when everything hurts and all you want to do is give up.  

2. Meeting up with Josh at mile 8 to get a kiss, snacks, and to get rid of my gloves, hat, and bottle. #love!

3. Going to Moonshine with friends for brunch afterwards.

4. Getting a massage and a pedi the next day.

Check out a few pictures!

Before:


After:

And later that afternoon:



Love,

Sam

1 comment:

  1. I am a proud mother! I envy your determination!
    Bravo!
    Loni

    ReplyDelete