Friday, February 15, 2013

Resolution - Week 6




Hi,

I was really happy with the jacket from last week's resolution project, so I decided to adapt the pattern for another project - this cute cropped velvet jacket. All I did was add a notch collar.

This took a little bit of work, but I only had to adapt the front piece (creating the notch collar extension and changing the shoulder seam), the back piece (for the shoulder piece), and add a collar piece. I followed the instructions from my Patternmaking Book.

The fabric is still from my purchase at Mood last September. I am starting to run out of the marvelous fabric that I bought there. :-( It is a lovely cotton velvet with a silk charmeuse lining.

  

  

I was really happy to see that some collections shown this week at NYFW for Fall 2013 showed some great velvet pieces.

Check out these images (from style.com) of th Zac Posen show earlier this week:




This Sunday I will run the Austin Livestrong Half-Marathon. I am getting a little scared. My training was erratic at best. Hoping to make it to the end.

Today I am linking up with Casual Fridays - go check out some other great blogs!

Love,

Sam


1 comment:

  1. That velvet blazer is gorgeous! I'm obsessed with all things velvet, so naturally I'm smitten with this! Good luck with your half-marathon! You're a brave woman!
    Visiting from the casual friday link-up!
    -Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete