Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What to do when things go wrong?

Hi,

I was looking at my calendar and what was supposed to be published today: the award show looks. I watched the Golden Globes, paying attention to the looks and checked out the pictures afterwards. There was nothing, however, that really struck me as A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. There wasn't even a big "what were they thinking" look.


It all seemed very conservative and safe. The one dress that was really out-there was Lucy Liu's floral. It was big and gutsy, but a little too "Gone With The Wind"(by that I mean, let's get the drapes to make a dress). Good for her. I love Carolina Herrera and Lucy Liu, but maybe that print was a little much.

So, why the frustration? Well, it has nothing to do with the award show whatsoever, but with work. I have been trying to create this web-app from scratch, learning how to code as I go.

While most days are exciting and fun, yesterday was an insanely crazy and unfruitful day. A pulling-my-hair-out kinda day. A day during which I sat in front of my computer trying to get something to work and it simply wouldn't and my trusty gurus at Stackoverflow did not come to my rescue.

What do you do when things don't work?

Here's hoping for a better day at work!

Love,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment