Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pretty in Blush

Hi!





Jeans: Gap, Blouse: by me, Earrings and Brooche: so old, I am not sure, Shoes: Arezzo (Brazil)

I must start by saying "Thank you!" Thank you to the Sewing with Style team, who strongly recommended that I starch any silk that I sew!

I tried it for the first time with this blouse, which I had already started and the results were AMAZING!!! I was a little skeptical at first, worried that it would ruin the fabric, but it worked wonders and made the sewing so much easier and fun. Plus, no fraying.

I love this color, I think it is muted and sweet and will go with a lot of different colors. And it goes well with Summer or Winter. BTW, it is still 90 degrees here. So, still no layering.

However, take note, if you have bigger girls, all this volume and detail around the bust will make them look bigger (and in a not so flattering way).

What are your fitting problems? Please share!

Love,

Sam



4 comments:

  1. Pretty! I just bought a couple of blush tops from F21. I was too scared to try sewing that slippery fabric. When you starch the chiffon, do you just spray it on??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Yes, just spray it on and iron it. I actually did that when the pattern pieces were already cut, but next time I am working on the fabric before cutting. When the blouse was ready, I washed it and the starch all came out.

      Let me know if you have more questions!

      Sam

      Delete
  2. Your blouse is very pretty!
    Can you elaborate on the starch process? what material did you use and how?

    thanks,
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I used Faultless Regular Starch (I found it at Joanns). It comes in a spray can. It sprayed sections of the fabric, waited a little (30 secs), and ironed the piece. Then I moved on to the next section. I actually did that when the pattern pieces were already cut, but next time I am working on the fabric before cutting. When the blouse was ready, I washed it and the starch all came out.

      Let me know if you have more questions!

      Sam

      Delete